All you need to know about hiring a skip
What can I put in the skip?
- Domestic waste such as food and food packaging
- Fittings (non-electrical)
- Gas Cookers
- Hard Core
- Packaging (including cardboard, plastics, polystyrene
- Soil (not contaminated with asbestos or oil)
- Solidified paint
What can't I put in the skip?
- Compressed Gas Cylinders (full or empty)
- Computer Towers & Screens
- Electrical Equipment (e.g. Electric Cookers, Electric Fans)
- Fluorescent Tubes
- Household Batteries
- Medical Waste of any kind
- Oils (hydraulic oil, engine oil, cooking oil)
- Other Chemicals (e.g. bleach, detergents, processing fluids)
- Paint Tins (unless completely empty)
- Solvents (e.g. paint, glue)
- Vehicle Batteries
Will I need a Road Permit for my skip?
If the skip is being placed on private property a Road Permit is not required.
If the skip is put on the verge outside your home, if the land is private property, a Road Permit is not required.
If the skip is put on the verge outside your home which is owned by local council/Highways Agency or on the road then a Road Permit IS REQUIRED under the Highways Act 1980.
Skip Road Permits can only be obtained by a skip hire company from the Council and 3 working days are required to process and obtain the permit. Skips cannot be delivered without a permit issued.
|Mini – Ideal for home or small building jobs.||3 yd||1.0 m||1.8 m||1.5 m|
|Midi – Ideal for home or small building jobs. Optional Drop End Door for easy loading.||4 yd||1.1 m||2.4 m||1.5 m|
|Maxi – Suitable for more bulky items||5 yd||0.8 m||2.7 m||1.75 m|
|Builders – Standard skip used by builders. The largest skip available for heavy waste. Optional Drop End Door for easy loading..||6 yd||1.1 m||3.3 m||1.8 m|
|Large – Ideal for large domestic jobs and building sites for their lighter mixed waste. Optional Drop End Door for easy loading.||8 yd||1.2 m||3.4 m||1.8 m|
|Large – Suitable for a very large building projects or industrial waste. Optional Drop End Door for easy loading.||10 yd||1.3 m||3.6 m||1.8 m|
|Extra Large – Suitable for larger projects. Not suitable for heavy materials||12 yd||1.6 m||3.4 m||1.8 m|
|Industrial – Ideal for larger projects. Not suitable for heavy materials||14 yd||1.8 m||3.6 m||1.8 m|
What do I need to know about delivery & placement of a skip on my property?
Skip lorries are large, if you are having a skip placed on your property you need to consider a few things:-
- The driver will place the skip where you request, which in most cases whilst being parked on the Public Highway but…..
- Can the land/drive the skip will rest on take the weight of the skip and contents without doing any damage?
- If the skip lorry needs to drive on to you property, is there enough width for the lorry to manoeuvre, can the land/drive support the lorry weight?
- In the result of any damage being done to your property from delivery or collection of the skip, the company will not accept responsibility, please check with our office if you are not sure.
Skip Hire Period
The maximum hire period is FIFTEEN DAYS. When ordering you are able to submit a collection date. If no date is given with order or if after delivery no contact by telephone or website for collect of the skip is received , the skip will be automatically collected after FIFTEEN DAYS. If you require the skip on site longer than FIFTEEN DAYS, please call the office to arrange an extension and a later collection date.
Terms & Conditions
Please view our Terms & Conditions here.
Areas we cover
Supplying skip hire services in Kent, South East London & North Sussex: Borough Green, Bromley, Croydon, Dartford, East Grinstead, Orpington, Paddock Wood, Redhill, Sevenoaks & Tunbridge Wells.
You can use your postcode when ordering to check we deliver in your area.